School is typically a safe space to not just achieve, but also explore. It is a place where children learn and grow and realize their academic potential. Teachers and parents both play’s a very important role in encouraging children to do their best. Also, parents can make a very real difference in fostering their child’s academic performance and potential. In this article, well talk about how parents can do just that…
1) Identifying what your child is good at: Identifying areas of interest and areas of strength is the first step. You should talk to your child as they progress through the school year. You will then get an idea of what subjects they are struggling with and what subjects come easily for them. You should help bridge gaps in their knowledge and learning so that they will not be afraid to tackle tough topics. You can encourage them to pursue their areas of interest, such as music, dance, math, science, humanities, and some of the many options available to them at school. You can also encourage them to participate in co-curricular activities within and outside of school, such as Summer Camp.
2) Encouraging your child: Children blossom if they receive encouragement from their parents. You should talk to them and acknowledge their hard work, thereby boosting their confidence. This, in turn, will motivate them to try harder.
3) Providing resources to your child: Provide different resources for your child to learn. These days there are multiple resources available for your child. These include educational toys, software, books, and so on. You can take your child to the library and encourage them to explore and bring home books to read and learn. Reading is a skill that parents should encourage their children to adopt at an early age. Reading and working with their hands-on projects will improve and increase their vocabulary, as well as improve their understanding of how things work.
4) Creating routines for your child: This is especially important during the formative years and years of early schooling. This is because it helps them to sit down and focus on one activity and complete work. Routines help your child complete their homework at a set time in a set space. It helps them to become organized and work without any pressure in the future.
5) Setting goals for your child: Goals are key and extremely valuable in the development of your child. Learning to set and meet goals is a way to evaluate where your child is now and where they want to be. Your child should be taught to set goals and should also be given the freedom to change goals If they are not able to achieve some of them. This can foster creativity in your child.
6) Allow your child to succeed or fail on their own: While it can be tempting to take control of your child’s schoolwork, it is important that your child learn to be responsible, dependable and organized. They can do this through their mistakes and the subsequent consequences. Sometimes the best life lessons come from failures and by learning how not to do something.
7) Talk to your child’s teacher regularly: Parent-teacher conferences should be an essential part of your routine as a parent. You should schedule a time that works for both of you and you should show up at school-sponsored conferences, whenever possible. You can also ask your child’s teacher for their contact details if the teacher is comfortable with this. Your child’s teacher can give you an insight as to exactly how your child is doing at school and what you can do additionally, to foster your child’s potential, academic and otherwise.
At Epistemo Vikas Leadership School, we encourage parents to be involved in their child’s learning journey right from the very beginning. We believe that parents play a critical and vital role in their child’s academic and co-curricular development. We realize that while teachers also play a critical role in the fostering of a child’s academic potential, it is parents who are with the child for the longest time and so, we work closely with parents to hone their child’s skills to the maximum. This ensures academic success for children.
At Epistemo, we also encourage differential learning, which further fosters a child’s academic potential. Differential learning ensure that all students are engaged in the learning process by providing students with tasks that match their individual needs. It encourages the gifted student to discover deeper layers of learning, while supporting students with learning disabilities.
We hold regular parent-teacher conferences throughout the school year, which parents are encouraged to attend. This ensures that parents are equal participants in their child’s academic and co-curricular development. We educate parents as to their child’s unique qualities and abilities, and how to further bring these to the fore. We also listen to parents as they discuss their child’s special gifts and work with them to further develop these and on the other hand, also concentrate on those subjects where the child may be facing difficulties.
So, if you are looking to ensuring that your child as a bright academic and co-curricular future, look no further than Epistemo. As a parent, you will see your child blossom, even as you are completely involved in your child’s unique journey. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with Epistemo Vikas Leadership School and rest easy, knowing you have made the right choice!
For more information about how to foster your child’s academic potential and any other queries, contact the Epistemo Vikas Leadership School at +91 7702800800 or at [email protected] or visit our website at https://epistemo.in/