The CBSE is a vigorous and vibrant curriculum that aims to create academic excellence in every way possible. This board provides a quality education that fosters intellectual, social and cultural exuberance among its learners. It works towards evolving the learning process and its environment, which would empower students to become global leaders. It is a student-friendly curriculum that is aimed at creating a competent and confident individual ready to take the world in their stride.
CBSE follows the course outlined by the National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) and is managed by the Union Government of India. It is a highly standardised and structured curriculum where no child fails till 8th grade with an optional board exams in 10th and mandatory exams in 12th grade. It provides multiple opportunities for students to prove themselves and score points by doing projects in different fields. It emphasises on building skills like creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration and resilience to offer comprehensive development in children. In addition to academics, it also encourages co-curricular activities to promote vocational skills in children.
In CBSE, children are assessed consistently through a Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) system to achieve holistic development of a child. Here we focus on self-evaluation wherein children can assess themselves to identify their own skill gaps. Both scholastic (subject-specific areas) and co-scholastic (co-curricular activities) aspects of a pupil’s growth and development are considered as prime tools of assessments.
Co-scholastic education includes life skills, visual performing art, health & physical education and discipline.
- It’s a student-friendly curriculum
- Recognised all over India as well as the world
- The curriculum is frequently upgraded and gives children an option to pursue studies abroad
- It is a concept-based curriculum and easy to understand
- Co-curricular activities are integrated into the curriculum
- It involves continuous and comprehensive evaluation
- It imparts quality education and offers lots of flexibility
With an endeavour to create well-rounded individuals, here our learners can reap the benefit of exploring the innovative methodologies and learning style of STEAM while covering the course outlined by CBSE. The CBSE curriculum is offered to students from Grades 1 to 10.
Core subjects for CBSE at Primary level
Develops knowledge and skills in core subjects.
- Environmental Science
- ICT starters
- Physical Education
- Fine Arts
At Epistemo, we place equal importance on secondary level when compared to other levels. This curriculum focuses on 7 major learning areas.
- Languages – Hindi, English and other languages
- Humanities – Geography, History, Economics, Home Science, Sociology, Fine Arts, Political Science, Fashion Studies, Creative Writing and Translation Studies and related subjects
- Science and Technology – Subjects related to Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ICT, Information Practices and Web and Multimedia Studies
- Health and Physical Education
- Visual and Performing arts – Dance, Drama, Music, Drawing, Painting, Crafts and Sculpture
- Commerce – Business Studies, Accountancy, Entrepreneurship, Economics and related subjects
Assessment in the CBSE system is based on the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation system (CCE). The assessment system is devised to cover every aspect of a student’s development on a continuous basis throughout the year while accentuating on self-evaluation from students. The comprehensive assessment covers both the scholastic and co-scholastic aspects of a student’s growth and development. There are two semesters in a year where children are assessed consistently through formative assessment and summative assessment. The semester assessment, are FA1 and FA2 which consists of three activities of 10 marks each. These three activities are:
- Individual Activity, such as making a chart, model, project, and so on
- Group Activity, such as a skit, model making, project presentations, and so on
- Pen and Paper exam
Epistemo creates a positive environment for its students by attending to the needs of students who are struggling and are not able to perform at par with their peers due to either loss of interest or difficulty in understanding. We have devised a program for students who are lagging behind to bring them at par and help them regain their confidence. We have in-house coaches to help such students through their constructive feedback and after-school classes. Exam papers are set considering the requirement of the child so as to boost their confidence and support them to lead a stress-free school life.
I am very happy with Epistemo Vikas Leadership School, and I am proud that my child is part of this school. I would highly recommend it to anybody. Epistemo Vikas Leadership School gives support and solution at all time.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
The pros and cons of Digital education in schools
Digital Education, the way forward? “Technology can never replace great teachers but technology in the hands of great teachers is
Strategies for Building a Productive and Positive Learning Environment
Schools that provide a positive learning environment for the students, enable the overall development of students, whether its academics, psychological
The role of teachers in shaping children as global leaders
The students of today are the leaders of tomorrow. Nothing can sum up the importance of a complete education system