The new buzzword when it comes to choosing a school for your child is "International Education". Many parents are choosing to enroll their children in "International Schools" and prefer a curriculum that points towards international education. But what exactly is International Education and how does it benefit your child? Read this article to find out…
What is International Education?
There are several definitions and explanations as to what exactly is International Education. The debate surrounding International Education is ongoing, with many believing it signifies a new strategic direction in comprehensive education. It has been suggested that International Education broadens perspectives, builds diverse connections, and encourages innovation and ideas.
Another explanation is that International Education allows students to think with an international or global perspective through connecting them with different belief systems and societies, thereby helping them understand and embrace cultural similarities and differences.
An international school is a school that promotes international education in a somewhat global environment. It does this by adopting an international curriculum such as that of the Cambridge Assessment International Education, the International Baccalaureate, Edexcel, or the International Primary Curriculum. It can also provide international education by following a national curriculum that is different from that of the school's country of residence.
Initially, in India, an international school used to cater mainly to the children of expatriates. However, in recent years, international schools cater to a wide and diverse base of students, including those living in India. Many parents prefer to send their children to an international school, as they can seamlessly transition to any country outside of India for their education during and after school.
How International Education benefits your child
International Education benefits your child in a wide variety of ways. Some of them are:
- It provides a well-rounded, holistic education: International school focuses more on the personal development of the child, thereby helping the child to grow into a fully-developed adult who can connect well with himself, with society, and with the natural world. Also, international schools teach students to think out-of-the-box and develop their problem-solving capabilities. Students are taught "how" to think, and not "what" to think. This helps them think critically and evaluate the circumstances thoroughly.
- It promotes a diverse curriculum that is internationally recognized: International schools have a diverse curriculum that includes the English National Curriculum, Cambridge IGCSE, and International Baccalaureate (IB). The curriculum is recognized worldwide and completely communicated in the English language. This curriculum does not just include study subjects but also includes fine arts, music, literature, and drama, as well as a wide variety of sports. The subjects offered in international schools are diversified and support the school's aim to encourage students to think critically and creatively, as well as achieve academic excellence. The curriculum followed in international schools is internationally recognized. So, if your child wishes to study abroad during or after school years, she will be able to do so by seamlessly transitioning from school to her institution of higher education.
- It can benefit all students through technology: International schools encourage their students to work with technology from a very young age. Whether it is Robotics or Engineering or Math, international schools weave technology into their curriculum in a way that enables their students to come up with innovative and creative ideas in the use of technology. This helps them throughout their lives.
- It can help students make sense of a complex world: International schools recognize that the world is a complex place. They encourage their students to engage in problem-solving from a very young age and also to engage in futuristic education, such as civic literacy, entrepreneurship, and work education. They encourage their students to learn real-world skills, such as photography, culinary arts, weaving, and so on. These skills help students in international schools cope with a rapidly-changing environment in effective ways.
- It has the advantage of having a culturally diverse student body: International schools are made up of students from different communities, or even from different countries. This helps students in becoming familiar with different cultures, ways of being, and methods for learning. Students learn from each other and learn to respect and value differences, even as they celebrate similarities.
- It can encourage students to learn another language or culture: International schools encourage their students to learn different languages and familiarize themselves with different cultures. Also, students in international schools come from a wide variety of cultures, and so, they learn about different cultures, traditions, languages, and ways of thinking in a seamless and completely natural way.
- It has a low student to teacher ratio: The class size in an international school is not large, but is quite small, with a low student to teacher ratio. This encourages individualized learning among students. It also allows each student to focus on their strengths and weaknesses in any area. Small class sizes encourage students to speak up in the classroom, thereby building their confidence along the way.
- It can help a child become an intellectual, independent, and responsible adult: Due to the individual attention, the diverse curriculum, the low student to teacher ratio, and the global nature of education, your child will most likely blossom in an international school. She will learn to make the most of the different cutting-edge facilities provided in the international school and will blossom into an intellectual, responsible, and independent adult.
While the cost of your children studying in an international school can be high, it is well worth it in the long run. Your children will get individual attention and will work closely with their peers and with teachers to enhance their technical, language, and other skills. While they will be able to concentrate on academic subjects that interest them, they will also learn skills and subjects that are beyond academics. This will result in the overall development of your child.
So, if you are looking to enroll your child in an international school, do consider the Epistemo Vikas Leadership School. At Epistemo, your child will receive holistic and transformational education, to bring out their best potential. Education at Epistemo will strengthen your child's cognitive, interpersonal, creative, and physical development. So, do not hesitate any longer…Enroll your child in Epistemo and ensure that they are on the right learning path in an international school of your choice!
For more information about the value of international education and any other queries, contact the Epistemo Vikas Leadership School at +91 7702800800 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at https://epistemo.in/